Mount St. Mary Academy
Send cover letter and resume to:
Kate Davis, Accounting & HR Manager
Director of Communications & Marketing\
Reports to: President/CEO
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Academy and Foundation
- Advances the school and the Foundation by helping to develop and implement their communication plans and strategies.
- Ensures that all communications support the strategic efforts of Mount St. Mary in areas such as student recruitment, fundraising, alumnae, parent relations and public relations, which are essential to sustaining the school’s mission and long-term stability.
- Responsible for messaging to the external community; publishing newsletters and printed brochures; the marketing of fundraisers, special events, school activities and school camps; crisis communications; and general marketing and public relations on behalf of the school.
- Works closely with the President, the Principal, the Director of Admissions and members of the Foundation staff, as well as the Academy and Foundation Boards to communicate the school’s value proposition.
- Shares in and reflects enthusiasm for the mission, spirit
andculture of Mount St. Mary Academy with its dedication to the education of young women in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Manages the activities which carry out the marketing, advertising
andpublic relations portion of Mount St. Mary’s strategic plan.
- Ensures that all school communications are in keeping with our mission of excellent quality and produced in a
- Keeps current the school’s crisis communication plan and manages communications in the event of a crisis
. Designs and/or purchases all advertising for both Mount St. Mary Academy and Foundation . Evaluates Marketing/PR programs annually in terms of goals, outcomes, cost-effectiveness andefficiency of operation.
- Produces content for the school website
- Provides photography for school events and activities.
- Is responsible for the schools public relations efforts by creating press releases and feature articles for the media
. Establishes and maintains good relations with all media.
- B.A. in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or an appropriate field that prepares the individual to have the knowledge and understanding to perform job duties.
- Five or more years relevant experience.
- A personable, professional manner in dealing with volunteers, alumnae, trustees, administrators, staff
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills
. Computer skills to include word processing, photography and photo editing, web editing, mass email and social media.
- Ability to be a team player and strategize effectively with other members of the staff
. Will undergo and pass a background check to work in a school and will participate in safe environment training.
- Ability to embrace, understand and communicate the mission and charism of Mount St. Mary Academy.
Regular hours during the school year:
- Mission – Knows the mission, vision
andvalues of Mount St. Mary Academy. Personal beliefs and values are in line with the day-to-day work.
- Commitment – Behavior reflects
values, needs andpriorities of the organization. Thinks about what is good for everyone as well as self.
- Service – Genuinely wants to help others, especially those in need. Gets real satisfaction from serving and helping others. Recognizes other people’s needs and emotions. Tries to remove obstacles to good service.
- Attitude Toward Change – Adapts to and works well with a variety of situations, people
andgroups. Looks for the good that change can bring and deals well with the fearful side of change. Suggests change when appropriate in own job.
- Personal Effectiveness – Is willing to do more than is required
ina job. Speaks confidently when expressing opinions and making decisions. Takes pride in work. Handles failures as learning experiences.
- Achievement Motivation – Sets challenging personal goals and works towards excellence to continue to improve own performance.
- Learning Orientation – Values improvement and looks for opportunities to learn. Familiar with the history and operation of Mount St. Mary and the variety of activities here. Able to problem solve in relation to
job. Learns well from own and other’s mistakes.
- Interpersonal and Team Performance – Builds and maintains good relationships with people at work – within and
outside department. Listens well to understand others’ thoughts, feelings andconcerns. Works well with others as part of a team, puts group priorities above own.
- Respect for Differences – Recognizes and appreciates differences in people – their style, approach
- Quality Focus – Makes few errors and maintains high quality by checking work and developing ways to organize work and information. Actively explores ways to improve quality.
Problem solving– Effectively uses information and critical thinking to recognize problems and work on solutions.
- Task Accomplishment – Sees that the work is done within defined time and quality standards. Is able to balance more than one task at a time, sets priorities and keeps them.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates appropriate language, attire, behavior
Eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance,