Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong work ethic, and a great attention to detail. Overall, this position is responsible for supporting all marketing and communications efforts of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra with a primary emphasis on media relations. The Marketing and Public Relations Associate is also responsible for assisting other ASO employees in progressing the ASO’s mission of enriching, engaging, inspiring, and advancing Arkansas through music.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain media relations.
- Uses independent judgement while acting as spokesperson for ASO for radio, television, facebook, and the print media
- Assist with production of videos.
- Coordinate all PR efforts, including concert promotion, major campaigns, and education activities.
- Hires, manages and makes retention decisions for designers.
- Draft and distribute press releases.
- Hire and manage external PR partners and take any and all final action to retain or change partners..
- Develop and monitor a marketing production schedule, including but not limited to: writing ad, email, and radio script copy, managing graphic designers, ensuring materials deadlines are met and that ad placements are executed according to agreements.
- Provide support to the Marketing Director
- Be a teammate in crafting ASO’s message and a leader in communicating ASO’s case for support to the larger audience.
- Work with guest conductors and their agents to ensure appropriate marketing of those conductors
- Regular attendance of ASO concerts is required in order to better understand the patrons’ experiences.
- Responsible for the development of vision statement
- Develop strategies and messages for major campaigns such as the new music center and associated capital compaign.
- Work with the appropriate personnel at schools on ensuring that children may take advantage of appropriate concerts.
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in making decisions.
- A successful Marketing and Public Relations Associate must be goal oriented, organized, creative, a problem solver, and a team player.
- In addition, they must possess communications skills and be comfortable communicating ASO’s messages to the public.
- The position also requires writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of classical/orchestral music preferred but not required.
Experience: Writing, box office, or marketing experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Organization Culture: We are team-oriented, work hard, have fun, and are agile. Given the work load, each member must be self-motivated, strive to push-the-bar on performance, and be flexible.
Interested Candidates: Submit cover letter, writing sample, and resume to bdorris@ArkansasSymphony.org or via mail to B Dorris, PO Box 7328, Little Rock, AR 72217.
Apply online at https://www.arkansassymphony.org/marketing-public-relations-associate