LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Arkansas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) announced the installation of its new 2023 board of directors and officers last month.
The chapter presented its new leadership team on Dec. 16, led by the new president Lamor Williams, APR, the director of public relations at the Sells Agency. Williams succeeded Heather Haywood, APR who is the director of marketing and public relations at Mitchell Williams Law Firm and will continue to serve as immediate past president. Newly installed board and officers include:
- President-Elect: Mary Claire Imbro, APR, Public Relations Director, MHP/Team SI
- Vice President: Bethany Siems, Director of Strategy, Ghidotti Communications
- Secretary: Allyson Pittman Gattin, APR, Public Relations Director, The Peacock Group
- Treasurer: Allison Bermudez, Communications Strategist, MISO
- Director-At-Large, PRSSA Chapter Liaison: Casey Pearce, APR, Director of External Relations and Marketing, NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University
Officer positions continuing to serve their three-year terms include:
- Director-At-Large: Keli Jacobi, APR, Faculty Lecturer, University of Central Arkansas and Adjunct Instructor, West Virginia University
- Director-At-Large, Membership: Stella Prather, APR, Director of Communications, Empower Healthcare Solutions
- Director-At-Large, Prisms: Shira Kelley, APR, Public Affairs Liaison, Commissioner of State Lands
The primary responsibility of the Board of Directors for the Arkansas chapter of PRSA is to serve the chapter through strategic and high-level operational oversight, identifying challenges and creating solutions. Each role of the board has unique responsibilities pertaining to the chapter’s needs and goals.
The local PRSA chapter hosts monthly meetings every third Friday of the month featuring several speakers and panel discussions to support the continued professional development of its more than 100 members. The guest fee is $25 and the student fee is $10. Members are free.
The January meeting will feature Roby Brock discussing his annual business and political forecast on Friday, Jan. 20, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Red & Blue Events Venue.